- Since the keratin dries clear, you can’t see where the extensions have been attached. They look extremely natural and blend perfectly with your natural hair.
- The installation time of 6-8 hours is tiresome.
- The heat application can damage your hair if the heat is too high.
- These extensions are not reusable.
- Once they are taken out, they must be discarded.
- You may experience headache, discomfort, or itching after application.
- You cannot install these extensions on your own.
- The application of tape-in extensions is excellent for those with limited time. Tape-ins should be your option if you want something semi-permanent that won’t take long to install.
- Tape-in extensions are easy to apply since no heat or tools are required.
- Minimal damage to hair since the tape weft is safe for natural hair.
- Reduces the strain on your head since the extensions are light and spread out around the scalp.
- These extensions look natural since they lay flat against your head, and blend in with your hair.
- The extensions can be reused after being removed reapplied with the use of double-sided tape.
- The adhesive on the tape needs to settle for 24-48 hours, so you cannot wash your hair or apply water to your hair until after that period. You also should avoid activity that makes you sweat.
- You cannot oil your scalp while wearing tape in extensions since the tape might loosen and cause the extension to fall.
- Do you swim? Avoid tape-in extensions. Are you going on vacation? Tape-in extensions are not for you.
- Updo’s are not possible with tape-in extensions.
- The easiest option to apply
- Freedom to put them on and remove them without the need of a professional
- You can buy them in multiple colors and styles to change up your look regularly, every day even.
- Cannot be left in for extended periods as the clips cause hair breakage. Again, do not sleep with them in.
- Need to be removed before sleeping.
- Their cheaper price range usually means that the hair won’t be that great unless you buy from PLE of course.
- The no-heat element of this method reduces hair damage.
- It is applied super close to the roots, making it blend well.
- Works for most hair types, but especially those with fine hair.
- Takes a long time to put in, just like the heat method.
- The clamping tool can cause hair breakage, mainly when misused.
- The hair extensions are not reusable. Once they’re removed, discard them.
Hair fusion extensions allow you to switch up your look without manipulating your hair too much. The installation and styling may be lengthy, but it’s worth it. Have you tried hair fusion extensions before?